Want to be part of the largest Fringe theatre company in North America?
With over 1,600 performances from 1,500 artists across 50 venues it takes a village to run Fringe Theatre. From our Fringe Theatre Season shows to our 11 day Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival, our house is bustling with activity all year long – and volunteers are at the heart of it all!
Learn more about our volunteer program below.2017 Volunteer Applications
Our Volunteer Program
When you volunteer with us you become part of an enthusiastic, diverse family who is united in their love for fringing, theatre, and community.
Our Fringe family is comprised of nearly 1,200 dedicated volunteers who help us accommodate more than 850,000 visits a year. Volunteers help artists and patrons by helping in key areas, such as box office management and front of house support. Although we work with volunteers year round, our greatest need is in August during the Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival.
BONUS: Volunteers are privy to exciting benefits, such as swag and invitations to special events!
Volunteers serve on teams based on areas of interest. We have 12 volunteer teams to choose from. Click on the team name to learn more:
- Beer Tents
- Box Office
- First Aid
- Front of House
- Information & Patron Services
- Parking & Transportation
- Volunteer Headquarters
More than 5% of our volunteers have been with us for more than 10 years! We even have volunteers who have been serving since our first Festival in 1982. Volunteers are the backbone to fringing, and though it’s difficult to adequately thank them, here are a few ways we try:
- Festival volunteer t-shirt and button
- Festival Program Guide
- Hot meal vouchers and snacks
- Fringe Buck vouchers to redeem for tickets to Festival shows
- Invitation to the Fringe Welcome Party
- Invitation to mid-Festival Pancake Breakfast
- Invitation to the Festival Wrap Party
- Complete 6 shifts (or 24 hours) during Festival and receive a collector’s edition Festival theme pin, available only to volunteers
- Volunteer for 10+ years and attend our annual Lifetime Celebration event
We welcome volunteers of all backgrounds, abilities, and strengths. Our volunteer program centers on team work, respect, and creativity. Below are our volunteer requirements:
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Attend a two hour orientation session
- Submit to a background check
- Serve a minimum of 4 shifts during the 11 day Festival (shifts are approximately 4 hours in length and are available morning, afternoon, and evenings)
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Services Coordinator, Abigail Tedder, at email@example.com.