Want to be part of the largest Fringe theatre company in North America?
With over 1,600 performances from 1,500 artists across 50 venues it takes a village to run Fringe Theatre. From our Fringe Theatre Season shows to our 11 day Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival, our house is bustling with activity all year long – and volunteers are at the heart of it all!
Applications for the Fringe Festival 2018 are now open!
Our Volunteer Program
When you volunteer with us you become part of an enthusiastic, diverse family who is united in their love for fringing, theatre, and community.
Our Fringe family is comprised of nearly 1,200 dedicated volunteers who help us accommodate more than 850,000 visits a year. Volunteers help artists and patrons by helping in key areas, such as box office management and front of house support. Although we work with volunteers year round, our greatest need is in August during the Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival.
BONUS: Volunteers are privy to exciting benefits, such as swag and invitations to special events!
Volunteers serve on teams based on areas of interest – take a look through the opportunities below! We have 14 volunteer teams to choose from. Please follow one of the links below to find out more about the team duties and requirements.
If you are Under 18 you will need to complete a 2018 Youth Waiver. Please download the Waiver by clicking the link and have your Parent/Guardian sign it. You can then attached a scanned copy to your application form. Please note we can accept physical signatures and e-signatures but not typed names.
Questions? Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
- Agents – FULL!
- Beer Tents – FULL!
- Box Office – FULL!
- First Aid
- Front of House – FULL!
- Host – FULL!
- Information & Patron Services – FULL!
- Multimedia – FULL!
- Parking & Transportation
- Volunteer Headquarters – FULL!
- Don’t know which team to apply to? Submit a general application, and our team will help find the right fit for you!
More than 5% of our volunteers have been with us for more than 10 years! We even have volunteers who have been serving since our first Festival in 1982. Volunteers are the backbone to fringing, and though it’s difficult to adequately thank them, here are a few ways we try:
- Festival volunteer t-shirt
- Festival Program Guide
- Hot meal vouchers and snacks
- Fringe Buck vouchers to redeem for tickets to Festival shows
- Invitation to mid-Festival Pancake Brunch
- Invitation to the Festival Wrap Party
- Complete 6 shifts (or 24 hours) during Festival and receive a collector’s edition Festival theme pin, available only to volunteers
- Volunteer for 10+ years and attend our annual Lifetime Celebration event
We welcome volunteers of all backgrounds, abilities, and strengths. Our volunteer program centers on team work, respect, and creativity. Below are our volunteer requirements:
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Attend a two hour orientation session, training session or online orientation (depending on team)
- Submit to a background check (mandatory for our Agents Team, First Aid Team, and KidsFringe Team)
- Serve a minimum of 4 shifts during the 11 day Festival (shifts are approximately 4 hours in length and are available morning, afternoon, and evenings)
If you have any questions about our volunteer requirements, and would like to chat with us about your needs, skills, preferences and any potential accommodations or job modifications, please get in touch! Contact us at email@example.com or 780-409-1922.
The Volunteer Department is made of Abigail Tedder, our Volunteer Manager (right), and Meagan Prus, our Volunteer Coordinator (left). We’re here to help!
When you apply, have a general question about the Festival volunteer program or need help outside of your team, you’ll be speaking with us. Once your application has been approved, you will mostly speak with your Team Leaders – our wonderful band of 100 year round volunteers who support and supervise volunteers in the run up to the Festival and on site.
Volunteer Hotline: 780-409-1922
Main Administration Office Line: 780-448-9000
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Manager, Abigail Tedder, at firstname.lastname@example.org.