Festival 2019 Artist Dates and Deadlines
Mid-January 2019: BYOV Application open
March 2019: Lottery tech and program forms open
March 11, 2019: BYOV Application deadline (5pm MST)
April 2019: BYOV tech and program forms open
May 6, 2019: Lottery tech form deadline (5pm MST)
May 27, 2019: BYOV Producer Meeting (7pm MST in Studio A at the ATB Financial Arts Barns – 10330 84 Avenue)
May 27, 2019:
- Lottery and BYOV Program Info due 5pm MST
- Outdoor artist program and tech forms due 5pm MST
- Billet request forms due 5pm MST
- Deadline to withdraw without penalty 5pm MST
June 14, 2019: BYOV performance schedules due
June 17, 2019: Deadline to purchase ads in program guide (artwork and payment due)
June 24, 2019: How to Fringe Workshop 7pm MST at the ATB Financial Arts Barns
June 28, 2019: Artists can go public with show and schedule information. Artists can now create posters and handbills.
July 29, 2019: Artist payout information due
August 7, 2019: Festival media launch 11am
August 9, 2019: Welcome packages available for pickup
August 23, 2019: Holdover Series announced
August 26, 2019: Artist payout cheques available for pickup
If an artist is accepted into the Festival and subsequently withdraws the application, refunds will be issued within the following parameters;
- Up to and including May 27, 2019 the artist will receive a full refund minus an Application fee of $35 plus 5% GST.
- From May 28, 2019 up to and including June 24, 2019 the artist will receive a refund of 50% of the Entrance fee they paid minus an application fee of $35 plus 5% GST.
- Starting June 25, 2019– the artist will receive no refund.
Waitlist artists can withdraw at any time with no penalty. Their refund will be the Entrance fee, less the Application fee of $35 plus GST.
Festival 2019 Artist Contact Info
You have several points of contact for any artist-related enquiry:
Murray Utas, Artistic Director, acts as your Festival leader and is in charge of the decision making that affects your Artist experience. You can contact him at any time with questions about policies, procedures, feedback, or any problems you may be experiencing at email@example.com
Tessa Stamp, Festival Program Administration Coordinator, acts as your Artist liaison, and is your day to day contact responsible for the administration of your show. You can contact her at any time with questions or comments specific to your show at firstname.lastname@example.org
Liz Hobbs, Outdoor Festival Coordinator, is your contact for all Festival Events involving artists. She is also the coordinator for all the Outdoor artists and KidsFringe. You can reach her at email@example.com
The Fringe Theatre administration office is located in the ATB Financial Arts Barns (10330-84 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T6E 2G9) on the southwest corner of the building just off of 83rd Avenue.
Fringe Theatre Office hours:
- Before the Festival: 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday.
- During the Festival: 9 AM to 9 PM daily.
The main Festival site runs from 83rd to 85th Avenue, between 103rd and 104th Street.