The Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival returns August 16-26, 2018
- The Festival Program Guide is on sale now!
- Tickets go on sale August 9 at noon.
- The 2017 show and schedule information will be online August 9 by 3pm.
Follow the Festival conversation at #YEGFringe
2016 Festival Highlights
With 850,000 visits to the site and nearly 122,000 tickets sold, 2016 was a record-setting year. More than 1,600 Fringe artists provided 213 unforgettable indoor shows, with 100% of net ticket sales going directly to artists. Performers earned $1.2M during the Festival — and let’s not forget the countless buskers and outdoor performances!
2016 Picks of the Fringe
Each year patrons vote on their favourite Fringe show to receive the Patrons’ Pick of the Fringe Award. Awards are also given for the Volunteer Pick, Artist Pick, Staff Pick, and Critics’ Choice Media Pick. The 2016 awards winners are:
- Patrons’ Pick – A Little Bit Off, Bella Culpa
- Critics’ Choice Media Pick & Staff Pick – Dead Rabbits Theatre Company, The Dragon
- Artists’ Pick – RAGMOP, Falling Awake
- Volunteers’ Pick – Rob Gee, Icarus
Fringing All Year Long
Fringing doesn’t end with the Festival. Join us for a Fringe Theatre Season show, Spotlight shows, or other exciting events taking place in the ATB Financial Arts Barns.