Please find below an incomplete and evolving list of community crisis resources available to anyone who requires support. If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
Because of systemic and institutional imbalances of power, you may not feel comfortable or welcome accessing one or more of these crisis resources. We encourage you to seek help from friends and family, a community leader, or a trusted person in your faith or field.
- Edmonton Police Services: 780-423-4567
- Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE):
- Support & Information Line: 780-423-4121 (9am – 9pm)
- Alberta’s One Line for Sexual Violence: 1-866-403-8000 (9am-9pm. Toll-free long distance and non-English support available)
- Access chat at sace.ca
- Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre (CASASC):
- 24-hour Crisis Line: call or text 1-866-956-1099
- Sexual Assault Response Team (SART): can be accessed through any emergency room in the city by checking in with the Triage Nurse and asking to see a Sexual Assault Response Team (or SART) nurse.
- Alberta 2-1-1
- 24/7 Distress Line: 780-482-HELP (4357)
- Mental Health Help Line: 1-877-303-2642
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: 1-855-242-3310
- Family Violence Help Line: 780-310-1818
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-KIDS (5437)
- Children’s Mental Health Crisis Services: 780-427-4491
- Free Walk-In Counseling: dropinyeg.ca
This is a community-minded resource list. We will continue adding to this list as we learn. Have a resource you want to see added? See a resource on the list that shouldn’t be there, or is outdated? Please contact us at email@example.com.