Relaxed performances are specifically altered to be sensitive to patrons who might benefit from a more relaxed environment, including those with a wide range of social, sensory, or educational needs.
A minimum of one performance for every show in the Fringe Theatre Season and Fringe Theatre Spotlight program are designated as relaxed performances. All relaxed performance tickets are 100% Pay What You Will.
Specifically, relaxed performances will:
- welcome children of all ages
- be understanding of patrons who make noise
- be understanding of patrons who may need to stand, walk, or leave and re-enter the performance
- provide pre-show information such as plot summary and when to expect loud noises
- extreme special effects, such as strobe lights, are reduced or softened
- auditorium lights only slightly dimmed
- often accommodate an earlier start time
Patrons considering attending a relaxed performance should still consider show description, as the subject matter of some shows may not be suitable for all audiences.
Look for this icon on our show descriptions, which designates relaxed performances:
Questions? Contact Us.