Relaxed performances are specifically altered to be sensitive to patrons who might benefit from a more relaxed environment, including those with a wide range of social, sensory, or educational needs.
A minimum of two performances for every show in the Fringe Theatre Season are designated as relaxed performances. All relaxed performance tickets are 100% Offer What You Will.
Specifically, relaxed performances:
- welcome children of all ages;
- are understanding of patrons who make noise;
- are understanding of patrons who may need to stand, walk, or leave and re-enter the performance;
- provide pre-show information such as plot summary and when to expect loud noises;
- reduce or soften extreme special effects, such as strobe lights;
- slightly dim auditorium lights rather than turning them off entirely; and
- often accommodate an earlier start time.
Patrons considering attending a relaxed performance are encouraged to please still consider show descriptions, as the subject matter of some shows may not be suitable for all audiences.
Questions? Please contact us.