Relaxed performances are specifically altered to be sensitive to patrons who might benefit from a more relaxed environment, including those with a wide range of social, sensory, or educational needs.
A minimum of one performance for every show in the Fringe Theatre Season and Fringe Theatre Spotlight program are designated as relaxed performances. All relaxed performance tickets are 100% Pay What You Will.
Specifically, relaxed performances will:
- welcome children of all ages
- be understanding of patrons who make noise
- be understanding of patrons who may need to stand, walk, or leave and re-enter the performance
- provide pre-show information such as plot summary and when to expect loud noises
- extreme special effects, such as strobe lights, are reduced or softened
- auditorium lights only slightly dimmed
- often accommodate an earlier start time
Patrons considering attending a relaxed performance should still consider show description, as the subject matter of some shows may not be suitable for all audiences.
Questions? Please contact us.