We’re happy you’re here, Fringer! We are committed to creating a respectful, safe, and clean environment where community can thrive. COVID-19 mitigation and safety require participation and commitment from everyone who enters the ATB Arts Barns. Thanks for doing your part!
On November 24, 2020, the Alberta Government issued new targeted public health measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. These measures include a restriction on festivals and events. Fringe Theatre will be reducing most of our activity in the coming three weeks in solidarity with these new measures, and out of care and concern for our community.
Our Fringe Grounds Café will maintain regular hours on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 11am – 6pm. Grabbing a made-with-care meal to go, or a freshly brewed Grizzlar coffee is an awesome way to continue supporting us.
We miss you, we can’t wait to gather with you again, but until it is safe to do so, please wear a mask, stay home when you can, and look after each other.
Below is information important to the patron experience when our building is open to the public. Questions? We have answers. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to know:
- Fringe Theatre maintains increased sanitization procedures around the building, including regularly disinfecting high-touch surfaces (door handles, Point-of-Sale machines, bathrooms, etc.), disinfectant misting (daily and between audiences), and mandatory mask use within the building at all times;
- All three of our performance spaces are on separate HVAC systems, meaning air from one space is not circulated into any other space in the building;
- We work closely with each of our professional artist groups to assess hazard mitigation for artists, audience, and Fringe Theatre staff;
- We recommend you purchase tickets in advance, but will have reduced contact sales on site for select performances; and
- We got a little weepy after seeing live performance again, we understand if you’re verklempt.
Attending a Rapid Fire Theatre show in our Backstage Theatre? Watch this informative video so you know what to expect before arriving for the show.
Before you arrive:
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms that are unrelated to a preexisting condition (fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, painful swallowing, runny nose, nasal congestion, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle/joint aches, headache, conjunctivitis/pink eye), have travelled outside of Canada or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, you must stay home;
- Alberta Health Services offers this handy COVID-19 Daily Health Checklist. If you answer yes to any of those questions, you are legally required to isolate. You can find more information about isolating here; and
- If you are unable to attend the event, fear not! Email us at email@example.com and we will refund your ticket in full.
Arriving at the theatre:
- The building and theatre doors will open 30-minutes before the performance start time unless otherwise communicated (be sure to check your ticket confirmation email before arriving at the venue!);
- Everyone must wear a mask or face covering while in the building. If you forget yours, don’t despair! We have disposable non-medical masks available by donation;
- Please enter through the designated entrance included in your ticket confirmation email. There will be ample signage to let you know you’re in the right place;
- Please do not enter the building until your entire party has arrived;
- Please always maintain 6 feet of distance from anyone not within your party;
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the building. Sanitization stations will be available at the entrance and throughout the building;
- Our greeter will welcome you and ask you a few health screening questions;
- You’ll then head to the Box Office window to have your e-ticket scanned; and
- There is a strict capacity of 25 patrons in the main lobby. If we reach capacity, please wait outside the main lobby entrance until other folks enter the theatre.
Before being seated:
- Grab a bite to eat or a drink from our Fringe Grounds Café before the show. If you’re catching some laughs in the Backstage Theatre, scan the handy QR code on your table, and our staff will bring your eats and drinks to you; and
- If you need to use the washroom, please do so after having your ticket scanned and before being guided to your seat.
Taking your seat:
- Our ushers will lead you into the theatre, and seat you and your group a minimum of 6 feet in all directions away from other patrons. Please let our ushers know if your group are not a cohort so they can seat you with appropriate distancing;
- Once you are seated, we ask that you do not leave the theatre; and
- If you do leave your seat, our ushers will guide you to a new seat when you return so you do not cross through other’s physical space.
Enjoying the show:
- Please keep your mask on at all time while in the building. Do not remove your mask during the performance;
- While the performers love to hear your reactions, please refrain from hooting, hollering, howling, or harmonizing; and
- While you’re enjoying the show, our staff will sanitize the lobby and washrooms.
Exiting the theatre:
- Please stay in your seat after the curtain call;
- Our ushers will guide the audience out one row/group at a time to avoid congestion in doorways. Please wait for their direction;
- Unfortunately, we can’t gather in the lobby. We ask that you leave the building immediately following exiting the theatre.
After your visit:
- For any show sold through Fringe Theatre’s box office, you will receive a survey requesting feedback on the experience, and the ability to voluntarily provide contact information for contact tracing, should a case of COVID-19 be connected to the building.
Questions? We have answers! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.