Are you interested in fringing all year long? We are looking for a teammate who is passionate about theatre and community development to provide financial leadership, oversight, management, and administration for our non-profit, charitable arts organization.
Do you have a financial administrative background with experience in all aspects of accounting?
This position is responsible for developing and executing financial controls, policies, and procedures. Additionally, they provide book keeping, daily financial operations, and hands-on administration.
Are you looking for a challenging role in a dynamic and fun environment? As a senior leadership role, this position places you within a supportive, talented team. Your expertise will be utilized to help shape and execute strategic goals.
Do any of these describe you? If so, consider applying to join our team!
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Well written
Responsibilities of the Director of Finance
- Provide financial leadership and support to managers and directors
- Execute financial oversite and planning
- Oversee the financial administration and statutory requirements
- Manage operational and capital budgets
- Oversee annual audits, budget preparation, reports and forecasts
- Develop and maintain financial policies, procedures, controls, and secure records management
- Manage and steward financial contracts, agreements, and grants
- Oversee all accounting, banking, payroll, and cash management
- Annual audit preparation and reporting
- Maintain personnel files and records of employment
- Manage human resources services, policies, and employee benefits
- Minimum five years accounting experience combined with a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as Business Administration or Information Technology.
- Professional accounting or bookkeeping designation an asset.
- Knowledge and experience working with Quick Books Software.
- Familiarity with information technology platforms, infrastructure and applications (e.g. customer relationship management databases, box office ticketing systems, website and APP interfaces).
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as part of a team, and independently self-driven.
Send cover letter and resume to Executive Director Adam Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications accepted until Monday, Nov 27, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is hired.