Are you interested in a behind the scenes fringing experience? Come work with the largest Fringe Festival in North America! We are looking for teammates who are passionate about the Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival to work this summer as Bar Managers in the Beverage Gardens.
The successful candidates for this position will be individuals who are collaborative team players, with strong work ethic, great people skills and the ability to stay cool under pressure.
Help us create the perfect Fringe experience!
- Setup and strike of Fringe Festival Beverage Gardens, tables, chairs, coolers and other equipment
- Manage cash and inventory for the Beverage Gardens
- Ensure compliance with AGLC regulations
- Liaise with volunteers and team leaders to ensure smooth, safe and effective drink service
- Coordinate with security staff as required
- Bartend for Volunteer Wrap Party or Artist Wrap Party on the last day of Festival (August 27th, 2017)
These positions report to the Event Services Manager and works cross functionally with the various departments, vendors, volunteers, and stakeholders.
Our team rocks, really! Work, and play, every day with amazing colleagues and artists. We provide an ego-free zone where collaboration and creativity are highly valued.
Qualifications, Skills and Proficiencies Required
Candidates must possess AGLC Proserve Certification.
Preferred consideration will be given to candidates who:
- Are pursuing or have already obtained a college, technical, or university diploma/degree in a field such as Arts and Culture, Business and Administration, or
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Demonstrated creativity and grace when problem solving.
To apply send us your:
- Cover Letter – Tell us why you want to join our team and why you’d be a good fit.
- Resume – Share your past experiences with us.
These positions are full-time contract positions from August 14th to 29th, 2017. Some evening and weekend work is required.
Applications accepted until June 30th, or until suitable candidates are hired. Complete the form below to apply or email your application to Event Services Manager – Mathew Fasullo – firstname.lastname@example.org