Position: Client Relations Manager
Position type: Permanent, full time
Compensation: $42,500 – $48,000 plus commensurate benefits
Anticipated start date: as soon as possible
Reports to: Finance Director
The Client Relations Manager is responsible for Fringe Theatre’s robust rental client portfolio, including quoting, booking, contracting, and invoicing events throughout the year. This position manages the smooth, efficient, and professional execution of all client events in collaboration with Fringe’s Production, Events, Volunteer, and Finance Departments.
Is it you we’re looking for?
You are a highly organized, detail-oriented, and process driven customer service dynamo who believes in providing the best possible client experience every time. You communicate clearly and confidently. You love a good deadline and understand the value of timely correspondence. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are excellent at balancing client needs with organizational goals. You love being a part of a big, creative team who makes great things happen. You value collaboration but take initiative and can work independently with minimal supervision. You bring an open and positive energy to everything you do. A passion for Fringe, live theatre, and the local arts scene helps, too!
The Client Relations Manager is responsible for the ATB Financial Arts Barns rental client portfolio including:
- Customer relationship management;
- Account management;
- Event coordination;
- Business development;
- Market research; and
- Sales prospecting.
This position reports to the Finance Director and works cross functionally with various departments, vendors, volunteers, and stakeholders. It is expected that this role will enthusiastically champion Fringe Theatre’s commitment to radical hospitality for all fringers.
- Provide exemplary customer service and act as the main contact and liaison for customer solutions, resolutions, and evaluation of services;
- Develop a strong, healthy, and customer-service oriented approach, providing efficient, honest, and open communication among customers and staff;
- Work closely and collaboratively with Fringe’s Production, Patron Services, Box Office, Programming, Systems, and Events departments to provide radical hospitality across all events while ensuring Fringe Theatre’s Festival and Season programming are protected and championed;
- Maintain contracts, invoices, and all communications with the customer;
- Develop and maintain procedure and training manuals related to sales;
- Organize and maintain sales records including prospects, confirmed sales, cultivation and stewardship plans;
- Execute evaluations and surveys that measure customer satisfaction and engagement;
- Service existing customers and establish new accounts by planning and organizing schedules to call on existing or potential prospects;
- Develop and maintain sales package information, including online and in-person packages and proposals;
- Coordinate customer requests and needs with production and patron services teams;
- Participate in initial pre-production meetings to ensure customer requests are being communicated and met;
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, and delivery;
- Recommend changes to products, services, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments;
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations for improvement; and
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full time, permanent position. It is reasonably expected this role be available on-call on evenings and weekends to support client events.
Experience in client relations, multi-venue facility rentals, theatre production, project or production management, and/or business development an asset, but we’ll take initiative, drive, and dedication over experience and are happy to support building the right skills for the right person.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Megan Dart, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Client Relations Manager” in the subject line. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
At Fringe Theatre, we foster artists. We nurture audiences. We take chances. Fringe Theatre cultivates safer spaces for brave ideas and big artistic risk.
Since its very beginning, Fringe Theatre has been the meeting place where experience, perspective, diversity, and passion are explored, uplifted, and celebrated. Representation onstage, backstage, in the Front of House and Box Office, in our administrative spaces, and in our mentorship and training programs matters. The future of theatre in Treaty 6 is equitable, diverse, inclusive, and accessible. We believe representation within our organization will lead to greater equity, diversity, inclusivity, and accessibility in our community.
We are a collaborative, playful, creative, flexible, hard-working team where big ideas and out-of-the-box approaches are encouraged. We know you have a big, beautiful, busy life outside of Fringe and we will do everything in our power to honour your humanness beyond the amazing work you do with us.
Our base of operations is the Fringe Theatre Arts Barns in Edmonton, AB (10330 84 Avenue). Our hours of business are typically 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday, though as a busy cultural space supporting more than 500 events year-round and as the producers of the largest, longest running Fringe Theatre Festival in North America, there is an expectation that staff are reasonably available evenings and weekends based on season and Festival event activity.
We believe in care and kindness above all else – we’re all in this together. Fringe Theatre is a relaxed work environment that supports both in-person and remote work options. We are maintaining safety mitigations in our work and performance spaces out of care for our community and will continue to adapt mitigations as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. Staff will be trained on all COVID-19 mitigations.