Are you interested in fringing all year long? We are looking for a teammate who is passionate about the Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival to help support volunteers, providing them with an exceptional experience, training, and guidance.
Help us create the perfect Fringe experience! The position is contract position responsible for a wide range of activities including, but not limited to: implementing volunteer policy, procedure, training, supervision of volunteer staff, event planning and involvement of volunteer events and meetings leading up to and during the Fringe Festival. Ongoing responsibilities include leading meetings, executing communication and needs among multiple volunteer teams and staff, recruiting volunteers and processing applications, and managing the volunteer database.
This position reports to the Director of Patron Services and works cross functionally with the various departments, vendors, volunteers, and stakeholders.
Our team rocks, really! Work, and play, every day with amazing colleagues and artists. We provide an ego-free zone where collaboration and creativity are highly valued.
Do any of these describe you? If so, consider applying to join our team!
- Team player
- Driven to succeed
- Customer oriented
- Well written
To apply send us your:
- Cover Letter – Tell us why you want to join our team and why you’d be a good fit.
- Resume – Share your past experiences with us.
Evening and weekend hours are required for this position. This is a full-time contract position which begins March 15, 2019 and ends October 1, 2019 with the possibility of extension.
Applications accepted until February 28 or until a suitable candidate is hired. Interviews will be on a rolling basis. Email your application to Amber Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications, Skills and Proficiencies Required
Preferred consideration will be given to candidates who:
- Are pursuing or have already obtained a college, technical, or university diploma/degree in a field such as Human Resources, Communications, or Business and Administration.
- Experience supervising and managing staff
- Non-profit and volunteer experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and google docs.
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as part of a team, and is self-driven.
- Demonstrated creativity and grace when problem solving.
- Administrative experience with the software, Better Impact, is considered a great asset