Thank you for your interest, this job opportunity has been filled.
Are you interested in fringing all year long? We are looking for a teammate who is passionate about the Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival to work in the Box Office this summer as the Assistant Manager.
The successful candidate for this position will be an individual who is a collaborative team player, with strong written and verbal communication skills, is familiar with box office and ticketing systems and is looking for an opportunity to work for the largest Fringe Festival in North America!
Help us create the perfect Fringe experience!
- The position is responsible for assisting with organizing and supervising Festival box office staff during pre-Festival, Festival and holdover sales.
- Assisting with training of box office staff, team leaders and volunteers. Providing guidance and direction to box office staff, team leaders and volunteers. Providing support as needed to Team Leaders during volunteer orientations and trainings.
- Providing top rate customer service to Festival patrons and dealing with customer service issues quickly, professionally and effectively in a busy festival atmosphere.
- Managing and executing Festival passes in conjunction with the Development Team.
- Setting up and tearing down of the Festival Box Office sites.
- Understanding and executing the box office policies and procedures in relation to all FTA programming;
- Working with the Box office manager to ensure effective communication occurs between all FTA staff members and volunteers regarding specific box office matters.
- General administration duties as required in relation to box office services including covering the front admin desk when needed.
- Preparing and submitting a final report at the conclusion of the Festival
This position reports to the Box Office Manager and works cross functionally with the various departments, vendors, volunteers, and stakeholders.
Our team rocks, really! Work, and play, every day with amazing colleagues and artists. We provide an ego-free zone where collaboration and creativity are highly valued.
Qualifications, Skills and Proficiencies Required
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer job opportunities for young people aged 15 to 30 years who are full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
Preferred consideration will be given to candidates who:
- Are pursuing or have already obtained a college, technical, or university diploma/degree in a field such as Arts and Culture, Communications, Business and Administration, or Marketing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment, as part of a team, and is self-driven.
- Demonstrated creativity and grace when problem solving.