Walk-by Busker Application Agreement
Deadline for application submissions is 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday, March 18, 2019
Fringe Theatre Adventures is the producer of the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival. The artistic programming of the walk-by Buskers is unjuried and selected through a lottery draw.
The Applicant agrees to present up to a forty-five (45) minute daily show, weather permitting, between August 16 and August 25, 2019 inclusive (walk-by Buskers start on the first Friday of the Festival, not on Thursday, the 17). The criteria for performing on outdoor site is as such:
Abides by the laws of Alberta and Canada and is suitable for all ages.
The content of the performance is artistically driven.
- The Applicant shall submit an Entrance fee in the amount of $150 plus 5% GST ($157.50) for the small busking pitches with the completed application agreement. Walk-y Buskers under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian as a secondary contact on the Application Agreement form. Please note that the Outdoor Stage/Circle performers may NOT apply as a walk-by Busker.
- In the event the Applicant is not drawn in the lottery OR is placed on the Wait List and then subsequently withdraws at anytime, a refund will be issued minus an Application fee of $15 plus 5% GST.
- If the Applicant is accepted into the Festival through the lottery draw and subsequently withdraws the application, refunds will be issued within the following parameters; up to and including June 10, 2019 the applicant will receive a full refund minus an Application fee of $15 plus 5% GST.
– Starting June 11, 2019 – the Applicant will receive no refund.
- Any show specific information provided: Company name, Show title, and Primary contact cannot be changed once the application is submitted. Should any of these three items need to be amended at a later date, the Applicant must request approval of this change in writing to FTA’s Artistic Director, including the reason for the change.
- FTA will not accept TBA as a Show title or Company name. The Applicant must provide a name for both upon submission.
- Applicants accepted into the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival cannot sell or transfer their spot in the Festival to another company. If a company/individual is found to be in violation of any of FTA’s application/participation policies the Applicant may be removed from the lottery draw or lose their performance spot and may forfeit all or part of the Entrance fee.
IF THE APPLICANT IS SUCCESSFUL IN THE LOTTERY DRAW AND WISHES TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FESTIVAL THEN IT IS AGREED THAT:
The Applicant will perform for donations made by the patrons of the Festival. The Applicant is obligated and accepts responsibility for remitting applicable taxes to the Receiver General of Canada. The Applicant must perform the show they submitted to the lottery draw.
WALK-BY BUSKER SUPPORT
- Fringe Theatre will provide the Applicant small pitches (2 meters in diameter) to perform on. These are for small walk-by busking and/or musical acts.
- Fringe Theatre will provide an Outdoor Performer Manager to ensure efficient operations of the pitches.
- The Applicant agrees to be present at the location twenty (20) minutes prior to the start of each performance, to set up within seven and a half (7 ½) minutes before the performance, execute the performance within the allotted time (maximum forty five (45) minutes) and then strike the pitch within seven and a half (7 ½) minutes.
- Please note that dangerous props are not allowed on walk-by pitches under any circumstances
- Fringe Theatre reserves the right to intervene and stop a performance at their discretion if they believe that there is an unsafe situation.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE APPLICANT
- The Applicant guarantees that all applicable contracts and contractual obligations that may be required by professional associations, unions and holders of copyrights for the performances have been duly adhered to and are in place as required. All payments required under such contracts will be made by, and are the sole responsibility of, the Applicant.
- The Applicant assumes sole responsibility for any and all contractual obligations related to the production under this application, and for ensuring that the artistic content of the production abides by the laws of Alberta and Canada. The Applicant holds Fringe Theatre blameless and accepts full liability for any claims arising from these responsibilities.
- The Applicant understands that Fringe Theatre recommends that all artists arrange for their own insurance coverage, including travel insurance, to cover their activities during the Festival.
By submitting the form below, the Applicant consents to the terms set out within this application agreement.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
FTA is able to accept credit card (MC/Visa/Amex), certified cheque, or money order. In person payments can accommodate debit or cash.
Please Note: FTA will only accept certified cheques or money orders payable to: Fringe Theatre Adventures
10330 – 84 Avenue
Canada T6E 2G9
Phone: (780) 409-9000
Fax: (780) 431-1893