Calling all local, national, and international theatre and outdoor artists! Apply to take part in our lottery for a spot in one of our Fringe operated venues or outdoor stages.
Deadline & Fees
Applications must be received by Monday, November 19, 2018 at 5PM (MST). Fees and streams through which you may apply are as follows:
- Local, National, International Theatre Artists: $750 +GST ($787.50)
- Theatre for Young Artists (TYA): $675.00 +GST ($708.75)
- Outdoor Performers: $625.00 +GST ($656.25)
Shows are selected by lottery and scheduled by Festival staff. Lottery applications require payment of an entrance fee and an administration fee. Artists who are not successful will be reimbursed their entrance fee. All applicants must adhere to our Festival Artist Terms & Conditions, as well as our Festival Artist Policies.
Learn more about our Outdoor Performer Lottery and Outdoor Artists Program here. Learn more about our Indoor Theatre Lottery Program below.
Indoor Lottery Award
Approximately 100 indoor shows are awarded $8,000 in support. Specifically, lottery recipients receive:
- Performance venue, equipped with seating risers, chairs, staging, and masking;
- Lighting and sound equipment;
- Two (2) professional technicians for each performance and one (1) rehearsal;
- Box office, public relations, advertising, and marketing support.
Indoor Lottery Guidelines
Failure to abide by the following guidelines may result in removal from the lottery, loss of your application entrance fee, and/or loss of performance spot.
- Show must be less than ninety (90) minutes in length;
- Successful applicants cannot sell or transfer their spot in the Festival to another artist/company;
- Applicants cannot submit multiple applications for the same show. Fringe Theatre requires unique fields in company name and primary contact. If an applicant wishes to put in more than one application under their company name, the remaining applications will be disqualified if one application is drawn;
- If an application entrance fee payment is accidentally made twice, additional fees will apply to refund the second payment; and
- Applicant must meet all deadlines set by Fringe Theatre.
Questions? Please contact our Programming Department at email@example.com.