Thanks to Fringe volunteers, the Festival provides a billeting program for artists, working to match out-of-town artists with comfy and safe places to stay.
The billeting program is done on a first-come, first-serve basis. While we try to meet the needs and parameters of all artists requests, we are unable to guarantee placement. Successful applicants will be notified in early to mid July. If successful you must contact your host within two weeks of notification, or your spot will be forfeit to another artist.
Applications will be available in the Spring, so stay tuned! Once available, billet applications are due by 5PM MST, Monday, May 28, 2018.
Expectations for Participating Artists
Each host goes through an application process to ensure the safety of well-being of all parties. Should you have a concern please contact us immediately (email@example.com).
Similarly, you are a role model for the Festival and are expected to abide by the Artist Code of Conduct at your host home. Failure to do so may result in removal from or being banned in the future from the billeting program and/or the Festival.
If you secure your own host be sure to share their information with us so they may be invited to join the volunteer team and receive the benefits of hosting (not applicable if host is a relative).
Billeting Tips & Etiquette
- Contact your host immediately upon notification to arrange arrival times and access to the home.
- Ask about house rules prior to your arrival (including the consumption of alcohol and tobacco), and respect those rules during your stay.
- Inquire about general house access (can you use the kitchen, store food in the fridge, park in driveway, wash clothes in their machine, etc.)
- Hosts are not expected to feed artists, so plan accordingly.
- Share your travel arrival and departure details.
- Homes range in distance from the Festival. Consider if you’ll need transportation, such as the Edmonton Transit Service or Pogo Carshare.
- Hosts homes come in all shapes and sizes, be respectful of the space you are provided.
- Billet program coordinators and hosts are unpaid volunteers, so thank them for their generosity of time and space.