Providing a safe place to rest for the worldly touring artist, our fun-loving volunteer Host Team opens their hearts and homes to our artists every Festival. Our Host Team has been providing comfy homes away from home for Fringe artists for more than 20 years.
Let us help you find your Fringe home!
Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the application below before 5pm (MST) May 31, 2019. The more information you give us, the better we can match you with your dream host.
- Artists are billeted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Get that application in early!
- Miss the deadline? Still apply! We’ll do our best to find you a match.
Please remember, this is a VOLUNTEER service. We try to match everyone, but we can’t guarantee a placement.
Expectations for Participating Artists
Each host goes through an application process to ensure the safety of well-being of all parties. Should you have a concern please contact us immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Similarly, you are a role model for the Festival and are expected to abide by the Fringe Theatre Policies at your host home. Failure to do so may result in removal from or being banned in the future from the billeting program and/or the Festival.
If you secure your own host, please be sure to share their information with us so they may be invited to join the volunteer team and receive the benefits of hosting (Sorry, this is not applicable if host is a relative!).
Billeting Tips & Etiquette
- Contact your host immediately upon notification to arrange arrival times and access to the home.
- Ask about house rules prior to your arrival (including the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis), and respect those rules during your stay.
- Inquire about general house access (can you use the kitchen, store food in the fridge, park in driveway, wash clothes in their machine, etc.)
- Hosts are not expected to feed artists, so please plan accordingly.
- Share your travel arrival and departure details.
- Homes range in distance from the Festival. Consider if you’ll need transportation, such as the Edmonton Transit Service or Pogo Carshare.
- Hosts homes come in all shapes and sizes, be respectful of the space you are provided.
- Billet program coordinators and hosts are unpaid volunteers, so please be sure to thank them for their generosity of time and space.
More than four artists in your group? Use this form for any additional party members!