In August we provide several services to help support artists navigate the Festival. Below is an overview of those services. Please don’t hesitate to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with additional questions.
You may forward items to Fringe Theatre prior to the Festival. We will begin accepting deliveries on the first Monday in August.
If forwarding items to Fringe Theatre prior to the Festival, please follow the template:
ATB Financial Arts Barns
c/o [ENTER YOUR NAME]
10330 84 Ave
Edmonton, AB Canada T6E 2G9
Items forwarded may be picked up at the Fringe Theatre Administrative Office.
Artists have access to an air conditioned green room, located in Studio A in the ATB Financial Arts Barns. There, artists can relax and prepare for performances. This room is will have:
- Makeup station
- Notice board for posting artist comps
- Ballot box for voting for the Artist Pick Award
Washrooms are located next to the green room; however, we ask you to refrain from putting on makeup in those facilities. This room is shared by all artists, so please be respectful and considerate of the space.
Fringe Theatre is not responsible for any items left in the green room.
Artist Services is your onsite team for artist-related ticketing services during Festival. Located in the lobby of the ATB Financial Arts Barns.
The Artist Services team is comprised of volunteers and staff who help you coordinate artists ticketing requests, such as:
- Artist Comp Tickets – 5% of the house capacity for each performance will be held for the artist to use as comp tickets. Artist may be assigned utilizing a password for pickup by other artists, or tickets can be printed and distributed by the artist. These tickets are only available for pick up at Artist Services.
- Pump Up the Volume Tickets – 25% of the house capacity for each performance may be used to paper the house, per an artists directive.
- Daily Discount Deals – Artists can choose to sell tickets to a performance at a 50% off discounted price. Learn more about setting these deals here.
All requests to Artist Services must be made in person by the primary or secondary contact. Due to the volume of work during the Festival, please provide a minimum of 20 hours turn-around time for Artist Comp Tickets and Daily Discount deal requests, and 2 hours for Pump Up the Volume Tickets. Those providing less time risk their request not being accommodated.
One hour prior to each performance, artist comp tickets will be released for public sale. These tickets may NOT be sold by artists.
Artists Services Hours
- August 14 & 15, 2018: Noon – 6:00PM
- August 16 – 25, 2018: 10:00AM – Midnight
- August 26, 2018: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
For more details on Artist Services see our policies.
Community businesses and organizations are regularly providing perks that artists can access during the Festival. For any of the following perks, just show your Festival Artist ID (provided in your welcome packets).
- Hudsons Canada’s Pub On Whyte — 20% off food during the Festival.
- College Copy – 15% off discount on any purchase related to the Festival.
- Chianti’s Café – $5 Big Rock pints, $5 wines, and regular pasta entrée’s for $10.99.
Check out other planning and neighbourhood tips here.