Buskers play a big role in animating the Festival site. Performing alongside outdoor stage shows and large pitch circle shows, you provide an art that entertains and awakens the spaces in between. To ensure diversity and opportunity, buskers submit applications and are then selected by the Fringe Theatre programming staff.
Successful applicants will receive the following services and supports during the Festival:
- Allocation on designated small pitches (2 meters in diameter).
- Scheduling assigned by the Festival.
- Outdoor Performer Manager facilitating the operation of the pitches.
- Access to marketing, administration, and artist related services and support.
- Access to a volunteer billeting program for accommodation.
The busker application entrance fee is $157.50, plus an application fee of $15.75 (prices include GST). The entrance fees collected are directed towards participation expenses in the Festival. Application fees collected are directed towards the operational costs incurred for the application process.
Artists who are not successful will be reimbursed their entrance fee. If a fee payment is accidently made twice, additional fees will apply to the refund of the second payment.
All applicants must adhere to the Artists Code of Conduct and Artist Agreement found in the Festival Artist Terms & Conditions.
Applications open in the Spring, so stay tuned!