Howdy, fringers. We’re happy you’re here.
Your health and wellbeing are our top priority. We’re committed to creating a safer space where community thrives. We’re all in this together – thank you for all you do to help make that possible.
As a charitable arts organization passionate about live events and the magic of gathering, we are choosing to uphold safety mitigations that protect the health and wellbeing of all fringers.
As per the Government of Alberta’s public health action announcement, Edmonton Fringe Theatre requires proof of vaccination, confirmation of a negative COVID-19 test, or medical exemption of vaccination on entering the ATB Financial Arts Barns starting September 20, 2021.
Masking, distancing, and rigorous sanitization practices will continue to remain in place.
Whether you’re seeing a performance in one of our theatre spaces, rehearsing with your creative collaborators, or hunkering down at a table in the Fringe Grounds Café to sip a coffee and get some work done, we thank you for helping us keep our community safe.
Questions? We have answers! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: this information is subject to instant improvement.
Anyone 12 years of age and older visiting the ATB Financial Arts Barns must provide:
- proof of vaccination and valid ID (if over 18 years of age) matching the proof of vaccination;
- proof of a privately-paid negative rapid test result taken within 72 hours and valid ID (if over 18 years of age) matching proof of negative test result; or
- documentation of medical exemption and valid ID (if over 18 years of age) matching medical exemption documentation.
This applies to all fringers: patrons, artists, rental clients, staff, volunteers, contractors etc.
Valid vaccine records include:
- A picture or paper record of a valid Alberta Health Services, MyHealth Records, pharmacy, First Nations, or physician immunization record prominently displaying your name, type of vaccine and date of administration;
- Canadian armed forces immunization record, displaying your name, type of vaccine and date of administration;
- An immunization record from another Canadian Province or Territory, displaying the name, type of vaccine and date of administration; or
- Valid Government of Alberta Vaccination QR code (when available).
Valid negative test includes:
- A written or printed copy that indicates the individual has tested negative for COVID-19 on a Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR, or lab-based PCR test approved by Health Canada or the lab accreditation body of jurisdiction.
- It must clearly outline the laboratory that completed the test if applicable (e.g., DynaLIFE), the type of test, time of sample collection, and clear indication of a negative result.
- PLEASE NOTE: A picture of a rapid test result taken off site is not sufficient for this purpose. Individuals must not bring completed rapid tests or self-tests, as they can pose a communicable disease risk.
Valid proof of medical exemption includes:
- The original signed letter from a physician or nurse practitioner that includes:
- Your name matching your personal identification; and
- Physician’s or nurse practitioner’s complete information, including:
- name, phone number, contact information, professional registration number and signature;
- statement that there is a medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19; and
- duration that the exemption is valid.
Please note: Fringe Theatre will not store personal health information.
We acknowledge that we cannot eliminate the risk of transmission of COVID-19 or other communicable diseases. This policy, and all relevant procedures, are put forward with community care in mind. We will do everything possible to ensure the safety of all fringers and will continue to update our policies and procedures in accordance with governing bodies as necessary.