Youth are integral to the artistic fabric of our community, and we are proud to share our passion for live theatre with youth-filled audiences! School matinees are available for the shows listed below. If you’d like to book a school matinee, please fill out this form. More details can also be found at the bottom of the page below the show descriptions.
Bone Wars by Matthew MacKenzie
in The Backstage Theatre
When eleven year olds Tickailia, Dawn, Chelsea, Rudeger and their babysitter/Palaeontology PhD candidate Lequian are forced to abandon their canoe trip down the Red Deer River and take refuge in an abandoned mine in the Badlands to wait out a tornado, they become embroiled in a historical quarrel; who was the greatest Palaeontologist of them all?
While waiting for the tornado to pass, a trial ensues as Othniel Marsh and Edward Cope, the world’s most legendary dinosaur bone hunters, vie for Palaeontology supremacy. Tickailia and company play unwitting judge and jury, along with a host of wild west characters who are called upon to be the pathological Palaeontologists’ witnesses. When the tornado passes, Tickailia and her friends will walk out into the world determined to not allow the insanity of the Bone Wars to repeat itself; because in the end, neither Marsh nor Cope was the winner—both were losers. Just as our society’s insatiable appetite for fossil fuels pushes our world toward catastrophe, so too did these dinosaur bone hunters’ insatiable appetite for fossils fuel their demise.Full Show Info
School Matinee Request Form
Interested in attending one of our school matinee performances? Please fill out the form below! We will be in touch soon to process the booking.
- Tickets are $7/person + GST
- A 10% deposit is required at the time of booking.
- Full payment is required prior to the performance date in order to secure your booking.
- If a cancellation is required within 30 days of the performance, your deposit will be refunded only if FTA is able to secure another booking in your absence.
- We rely on the support of participating teachers to ensure students are respectful audiences members who are ready to enjoy the show.
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming your school!