About Fringe Theatre Adventures
Everyone is ‘Fringing’!*
*Fringing: ‘to Fringe’. Fringe (verb)/frinj/
- Enjoying a unique, evolving Edmonton experience
- Being swept up in an international artistic force to be reckoned with
- Taking an essential journey for every theatre lover
- Participating in a rite of passage for artists from around the world
FTA is dedicated to providing a vibrant year-round home in Edmonton for local, national, and international artists to present theatre arts that challenge audiences, and celebrate the cultural fabric of our communities. We do so by fostering an environment and providing resources that encourage audiences of all ages, and artists – professionals and aspiring alike – to take creative chances.
To produce the Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival, present a theatre arts season through the Arts at The Barns Presentation Series, and operate and manage the ATB Financial Arts Barns by means of a balanced work environment, strong governance, and sound fiscal management.
Membership — Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals
The Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival is a founding member of the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals (CAFF). CAFF has established a set of guidelines and philosophies to which each Fringe Festival must adhere for Fringe Indoor Theatre:
- Participation in the Festival is determined by a non-juried process;
- Participants receive 100% of the ticketed box office receipts for their performances;
- Fringe Festival producers have no control over the artistic content of performances;
- Fringes should provide accessible opportunities for audiences and artists to participate.